Kodubale is one of the very special savoury from karnataka made in different flavours. Kodubale is spicy, crunchy and each bite is flavorfull. Very popularly made during festivals and functions and enjoyed by every age group.
The Kodubale recipe I am sharing is with green chili masala, coconut and rava. Other versions available are prepared using red chili and rice flour. Grind green chilies along with coriander seeds, zeera, garlic, curry leaves and fresh coconut. Mix this ground paste with fine rava, little rice flour, salt and 1tbsp hot oil to prepare stiff dough.
Allow this dough to settle for 45 mins to 1 hour as rava has been used.
Knead the dough once again and shape kodubale as shown above by joining the edges. Do not make very thick ones as they remain uncooked in the center. Fry these kodubale carefully in medium hot oil untill they change color and turn crispy.
Enjoy this spicy cruncy kodubale with piping hot chai
Preparation and cooking time for kodubale – 1 hour
Ingredients to prepare kodubale
|Ingredients for Kodubale|
|Coriander seeds||1 tbsp|
|Curry leaves||1 sprig|
|Fresh grated coconut||¾ cup|
|Fine rava||2 cups|
|Rice flour||1 tbsp|
|Salt||1 tsp or as per taste|
|Cooking oil||Required to fry|
|Water||As required to prepare dough|
Method for preparing kodubale
- Ground the masala required for kodubale by grinding green chilies, garlic, curry leaves, coriander seeds, coconut with little water.
- Add this paste to fine rava and mix it well. To this add rice flour, salt, and hot oil.
- Give it a nice mix, add little by little water and knead in to a stiff dough and allow it to settle for 45 mins to 1 hour.
- After 1 hour knead the dough again and roll in to Kodubale shape as shown in the picture above by connecting the edges well.
- Fry these kodubale carefully without breaking the shape in medium hot oil.
- Fry until they change color and turn crisp. Once cool store Kodubale in air tight box.
- Since coconut has been used its better to keep them in fridge for longer shelf life.
- To get more crisp Kodubale little more rice flour can be added